Swiss International Air Lines Ltd.
Phone: +41 848 773 773
Fax: +41 44 564 21 27
30. July 2004
The Swiss TravelClub, SWISS’s frequent flyer programme, continues to expand its membership base. The programme welcomed its two millionth member in Geneva yesterday, and has thus added over 200 000 members to its ranks since January 2003.
The two millionth Swiss TravelClub member lives in Western Switzerland and, as a business traveller, is likely to be frequently found aboard SWISS flights. Like all new members, he received a welcome gift of 1 000 Bonus Miles. But he was also awarded a further 160 000 Bonus Miles, along with Swiss TravelClub Silver membership. SWISS CEO Christoph Franz was on hand to offer his personal congratulations.
The quality and reputation of the Swiss TravelClub were confirmed in May when the programme won two of the airline industry’s prestigious “Freddie“ awards.
Swiss TravelClub facts and figures
Some 70 per cent of the miles earned by Swiss TravelClub members are accumulated through their air travel activities. The remaining 30 per cent are collected from Swiss TravelClub marketing partners such as credit card companies, hotel groups and car rental firms. More than 100 000 members enjoy elite status (Swiss TravelClub Silver or Gold) within the programme. And over 90 per cent of the miles redeemed are spent on air tickets, largely for European routes.
The Swiss TravelClub has two million members around the world. Some 675 000 of these are resident in Switzerland, 870 000 elsewhere in Europe and 175 000 in North America.
Programme miles can be earned on SWISS, American Airlines, Iberia, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Qantas, Malaysia Airlines and Ukraine International. Miles can be redeemed for Free Tickets, Companion Tickets or upgrades to a higher seating class.
For membership and further details, visit the www.swiss.com/travelclub website.