In summer 2015, Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS will be introducing a new pricing concept on their European routes. With a Flex, Classic and Light fare option in every booking class that will offer your customers even more choices in the future when booking their flights. This means they will always be able to choose the fare that most meets their requirements and will only pay for the services that they actually want to use.* All the fare options are available until the last seat.
- With the new inexpensive Light fare, you can provide particularly attractive offers for price-aware customers who are travelling only with hand baggage. For an extra charge, passengers using the Light fare can take one item of checked baggage with them and reserve a seat.
- The Classic fare automatically includes numerous services, which makes it ideal for passengers who wish to enjoy the usual standards.
- Flex is the perfect solution for those who want even more flexibility, such as free rebooking.
- Of course, as well as the three new Economy Class fare options, your customers will also continue to have the benefit of our comfortable and fully flexible Business Class.
SWISS plans to introduce the new fare concept for bookings and travel on 23 June 2015. The new European fares can be booked for Austrian and Lufthansa flights from 28 July for flights from 1 October 2015.
More details about the Austrian Airlines and Lufthansa product and the differences to SWISS will be communicated at a later stage.
Please find detailed information on the new European fares at SWISS here.
* Irrespective of the choice of fare, all flights with Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS will continue to include hand baggage, meals and drinks, and the usual Miles & More miles. HON Circle Members, Senators and Frequent Travellers, and Star Alliance Gold members will also continue to enjoy all the usual privileges with the «Classic» and «Flex» fares in future. The new «Light» fare does not include free seat reservation or any additional baggage, such as golf equipment. All other status benefits, such as Lounge access, will continue to apply regardless of the fare option. The «Light» fare does not include free transportation of golf equipment for SWISS Golf Traveller members.