The new European fares
New fares and more options for your European flights
As we have already announced, Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS are introducing a new fare concept on European routes. The advantage for you is that you can always choose the exact fare that best meets your needs and only pay for the services you actually want to use:
- The Business Class can be booked for as little as CHF 369* from Zurich to Riga and CHF 409* from Geneva to Madrid, for example and alongside the usual standard of comfort, it now offers you complete flexibility, as all Business Class fares can be rebooked and refunded free of charge
- The extra charge for the Flex fare depends on the route and costs generally between CHF 30 and CHF 100 one-way. Rebookings and route changes are free of charge and in the context of a Miles & More promotion you can earn 50% more award miles**
- The Classic fare with many services included starts at CHF 149* from Zurich to Riga and at CHF 129* from Geneva to Madrid, for example
- The affordable Light fare including carry-on baggage can already be booked for as little as CHF 99* from Zurich to Riga and CHF 79* from Geneva to Madrid, for example
Additionally, in the new fare concept lots of features and services can be booked individually, from a first piece of checked baggage in the Light fare to a seat with extra legroom in all fares.*** With the introduction of the new fares in Europe SWISS will introduce a new SWISS Choice Service to further meet your needs. From now on you have the option to purchase an additional item of baggage in advance on all SWISS flights worldwide.
For SWISS flights the new Europe fares are available now. For Austrian and Lufthansa flights booking for the new Europe fares begins in summer for travel from 1 October 2015.
* Fare example for a return flight per person from ZRH or GVA. Prices may vary depending on point of departure. Prices shown include fare, airport taxes and international surcharge. Optional payment charge may apply. Seats are limited. Special conditions apply. Subject to change.
** The Flex promotion is valid for all flights operated by Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS within Europe that are booked on the Flex fare or Flex&Fast fare (Brussels Airlines). In the case of Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS the promotion ends on 31.03.2017. In the case of Brussels Airlines the promotion runs for 12 months and ends on 30.06.2016. The additional award miles will be credited automatically up to 4 weeks after the flight.
*** Free of charge for HON Circle Members and Senators travelling on Classic and Flex fares.
SWISS to lower its international surcharge to/from Europe
SWISS is lowering its international surcharge on flights from Switzerland to destinations in Europe by 10% in Economy Class and by 15% in Business class. The international surcharge on a round-trip ticket will in future be CHF 40 instead of CHF 44 in Economy, and CHF 45 instead of CHF 53 in Business.
SWISS invests in GDS solutions
SWISS Branded Fare products now available for GDS merchandising platforms
Travel agents can now access SWISS products in their normal workflow through any GDS. In addition, SWISS invests in GDS technology and in branded fares solutions for the trade for the following GDS merchandising platforms:
-Amadeus Fare Families
-Travelport Rich Content and Branding
With the measures taken by SWISS the agent can access the full range of SWISS products in a consolidated and integrated working environment. Graphic elements and additional information will help travel experts in making the best informed choice for their clients.
Both platforms are live as of today.