In summer 2015, Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS will be introducing a new pricing concept on their European routes. With a Flex, Classic and Light fare option in every booking class, customers will have even more choices in the future when booking their flights. This means they will always be able to choose the fare that most meets their requirements and will only pay for the services that they actually want to use.* All the fare options are available until the last seat.
- The Business Class fare option is the most convenient product for our customers, since it gives them all our usual benefits and features including full flexibility
- The Flex fare gives our passengers greater flexibility when planning their travels. Rebookings and changes to your route are possible free of charge in all booking classes, and reimbursements for a charge.
- For customers who do not need to have the option of cancelling but do value inclusive services such as seat reservation and a baggage allowance, the Classic fare is the right choice for them.
- Our new Light fare is the most favourably priced solution for those who do not require ticket flexibility and are travelling only with hand baggage.
SWISS plans to introduce the new fare concept for bookings and travel on 23 June 2015. The new European fares can be booked for Austrian and Lufthansa flights from 28 July for flights from 1 October 2015.
Detailed information on the new European fares at SWISS:
* Irrespective of the choice of fare, all flights with Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS will continue to include hand baggage, meals and drinks, and the usual Miles & More miles. HON Circle Members, Senators and Frequent Travellers, and Star Alliance Gold members will also continue to enjoy all the usual privileges with the «Classic» and «Flex» fares in future. The new «Light» fare does not include free seat reservation or any additional baggage, such as golf equipment. All other status benefits, such as Lounge access, will continue to apply regardless of the fare option. The «Light» fare does not include free transportation of golf equipment for SWISS Golf Traveller members.