The Airtrain is a shuttle service between Basel SBB railway station and Zurich airport. It is offered by SWISS and SBB. The Airtrain ticket is included in the SWISS ticket.
Passengers who land at Zurich and have booked a flight to Basel will travel this route by Airtrain. The same applies when travelling in the opposite direction. This service is available to passengers whose tickets are valid from or to Euro Airport Basel (codes BSL, EAP or MLH). They can use any train connections between these two destinations.
- Good connections for lots of flights at any time
- Approximately 20 train connections in both directions every day
- Travelling time only 80 minutes
- Free choice of train, no need to change
- Business and First Class passengers travel First Class
Important ticket information
A valid ticket is required for the Airtrain. The following documents are accepted on the Airtrain:
- Boarding pass with barcode
- Flight confirmation (SWISS Electronic Travel Itinerary) with barcode
- A boarding pass is required for flight tickets without a barcode
A mobile boarding pass and flight confirmation without a barcode are not sufficient. In this instance, the SBB will charge CHF 12.
Collect miles on board
Members of Miles & More can also earn award and status miles while on board. The amount depends on the connecting flight and flight class. In SWISS Economy, members can earn up to 1000 miles, and in SWISS Business the number is up to 1500 miles per route.