Hand over your luggage on your doorstep and collect it from your destination airport.
You can now have your luggage collected at home or from your hotel for all SWISS flights departing from Zurich or Geneva. In collaboration with SBB, SWISS is offering an exclusive luggage collection service for customers in Switzerland. SBB will even check you in and bring your boarding card at the same time. When you travel back to Switzerland, your luggage will also be delivered straight to your door, so there’s no need to wait at the airport.
How it works
The new baggage pick-up service will be offered as an option in the confirmation you receive whenever you book a flight on swiss.com. You can also order our baggage pick-up service at any time thereafter by using the following link:
SBB or its forwarding partner will collect your luggage from your home or hotel before your flight leaves and give you your boarding card at the same time. Please note the following information:
- The service is only available for flights from Zurich or Geneva operated by SWISS or Edelweiss (no codeshare flights).
- Book the service by 8 p.m. two days before collection.
- The passenger does not need to be there in person when the luggage is collected. However, the passenger’s valid travel documents (passport/ID card) need to be shown during collection.
- Additional or overweight items of luggage (excess baggage) cannot be handed over unless the relevant payment has been made to SWISS in advance and the items have been registered for collection.
- Items of luggage weighing more than 32 kg are not included in the luggage collection service.
- The service is available throughout Switzerland at all accessible postal addresses (excluding car-free locations).
Collection and delivery times
Luggage is collected at the following times:
- With check-in: collection on the day before between 1 p.m. and 11 p.m.
- Without check-in: collection on the day before between 1 p.m. and 11 p.m. Pick up at the SBB airport counter in Zurich or Geneva on the following day when the counter is open
Luggage is brought back to your house at the following times:
- If your flight lands in Zurich or Geneva by 11 p.m., your luggage will be delivered on the next day in two time windows: 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
The service costs CHF 22 per item of luggage, plus a flat rate for shipping of CHF 40. These prices are valid per trip for luggage collection or delivery throughout Switzerland (excluding car-free locations).